coQ-10

 My coq10 supplement ran out. I've decided not to renew it. It appears to be an anti-oxidant, that may suppress ROS. While ROS is bad, it is an important signal that your body uses to determine if you are in fat burning mode or not. If you suppress this signal, mitochondria do not get the appropriate metabolic support for whichever metabolic mode it is and their function is impaired. Your body produces its own anti-oxidants as needed.

For help with my fibro I started taking vitamin B1 (Benfotiamine) and coQ10 as far as I could tell are the only supplements with evidence of helping. However, there are more co-q-enzymes than just that one and that system they regulate is very complicated. I'm not convinced that chronic flooding it with coq10 is the best. I did learn that to build these co-Qs your body does need six of the different B vitamins. 

So my plan is to get MitoQ, which is supposed to boost CoQ10 quickly and powerfully. I will use it whenever I feel a fibro episode coming on. I will probably also use an adult aspirin because it 1) blunts pain and 2) uncouples the mitochondria, i.e. helps get it working.

I am convinced that mitochondrial dysfunction is ultimately the root cause of fibromyalgia although this may be obscured because its dysfunction will cause trouble in your thyroid and insulin/glycemic systems and probably ripples throughout your biology to cause the fibro symptoms.

B vitamins are required for your body to produce the suite of coQ enzymes. People generally have enough of these that it is not a major concern. I plan on trying B12 to see if it helps. People who have irregularities in their MTHFR gene may have low levels of folate. I don't have the mutations in the three common spots according to SNPedia, so I assume I don't need to supplement that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming First - Frog stroke

Third Nephi Parallels